SACO is a leader in innovative lighting, LED video displays, and media solutions and controls. Our expertise is applied in a variety of remarkable projects worldwide ranging from architectural lighting, to multimedia art installations, to music touring experiences for top artists.
We are currently looking for an Accountant to join our team of Finance.
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, you will be performing the day-to-day functions related to A/P, AR, monthly closes, and assist on year-end audit files.
You are a diligent, detail-oriented accountant that is at ease with communicating with clients, vendors, and external authorities. The ideal candidate is energetic, sharp, and familiar in a manufacturing setting.
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: FULL TIME
LOCATION: MONTREAL, QC.
- Perform month-end close duties, including journal entries;
- Bank reconciliations and weekly cash position;
- Manage accounts receivable; generate customer invoices and ensure they are paid in a timely manner as per contract agreement;
- Entering accounts payable vendor invoices, reconciling to purchase order and inventory receipt and reviewing discrepancies with appropriate department;
- Prepare accounts payable check runs according to approved listing;
- Process all documents and forms related to regulatory requirements (GST/PST filings, payroll, CSST);
- Payroll administration;
- Preparation of year-end files to external auditors for annual;
- Other accounting duties as required.
- Bachelor’s in accounting;
- 3-5 years work experience in a similar role;
- Proven accounting experience including good working knowledge of Accounting Principles;
- Experience with creating Financial Statements;
- Experience with Quickbooks accounting software and mainstream MRP systems (familiarity with Optymo MRP an asset);
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with little supervision;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a proactive approach to managing projects & issues;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Solid working knowledge of Word and Excel;
- Strong written and verbal skills in both French and English;
- CPA designation an asset.