SACO is a leader in innovative lighting, LED video displays, and media solutions and controls. Our expertise is applied in a variety of remarkable projects worldwide ranging from architectural lighting, to multimedia art installations, to music touring experiences for top artists.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer with a speciality in Electronics to join our R&D team.
Under the supervision of the VP Product Development, the Electrical Engineer’s role is pivotal to both new product introduction activities and maintenance/evolution of the existing range of products. Following supplied briefs and specs, you will be working on the electronics design and development of products and prototypes, maintaining product documentation, while respecting assigned deadlines and enforcing quality standards; as such, the candidate will be involved in the continuous improvement of the product range throughout each step of their lifecycles.
The candidate must be both versatile, proactive and resourceful. In addition, the candidate must have strong technical knowledge, is curious and is eager to learn. The ideal candidate has a strong sense of organization and is able to work on multiple projects at a time, in a fast-evolving environment.
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: FULL TIME
LOCATION: MONTREAL, QC.
- Collaborate with Electronics and Industrial design team on new products and product evolution, as per brief;
- Participate in design reviews;
- Work on delivering assigned projects through all product development steps, from concept to production;
- Produce and maintain printed circuit board designs, wiring diagrams and schematics, and documentation as needed;
- Create and maintain Bills of Materials (BOM);
- Meet and follow up with supplier (R&D designs);
- Collaborate with Marketing/Sales on Product-related initiatives.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent (Must be OIQ member);
- Skilled in both microcontroller and FPGA-based applications design;
- Knowledge of Altium Designer or equivalent PCB design software;
- Understanding of technical drawings and procedures;
- Good communication skills ;
- Bilingual (English / Français);
- Likes problem solving and pushing the envelope.
- Experience in the Lighting Industry, an asset.